So now I have to come up with ways and means to finish it off in recipes that my kids will eat and enjoy too.
I thought one way is to make dhokla coz my kids love dhokla and next means is to make dosa and idlis coz again my kids love dosas and idlis :)
I usually like to add rava and besan to any kind of dhokla that I make, love the texture that rava gives to dhoklas.
- Soak dal in water for 4 hours.
- Drain and grind to a fine paste in blender using the yogurt..
- In a bowl mix the besan, rava, sugar, salt, turmeric, ginger green chilly paste and then add the chora dal paste and mix well. Add the oil and mix again.
- Add water (if required)to get the consistency of dhokla batter.
- Meanwhile get steamer and 2 plates ready.
- Add Eno to the batter, mix till frothy , immediately pour in the plates and steam on high for 15 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Heat tempering ingredients and pour over the steamed dhokla.
- Sprinkle with chopped coriander leaves.
- Cut into desired shapes and serve with chutney or ketchup.