Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Peanut Besan Ladoo/Peanut Chickpea Sweet Balls.



Ma had made peanut ladoos a few times for us. I remember her roasting and grinding the peanuts , she did not add besan but I added it as I was not sure if my kids would eat just peanut ladoos. I do not have her recipe but wanted to make the ladoos. And I had a lot of peanut butter to finish off so decided to make these, they turned out awesome and quick too.
HAPPY REPUBLIC DAY with Peanut Besan Ladoos.

Ingredients.
1 cup besan(chickpea flour),
1 tbsp oil,
1 cup icing sugar,
1/2 cup regular fine sugar,
1 tsp cardamom powder,
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder,
3/4 cup peanut butter,
raisins to garnish.

Method.
  • Roast besan with oil on low flame till well cooked and raw smell goes away.
  • Take the pan off heat, add peanut butter and mix well when warm.
  • Then add the 2 kinds of sugars and cardamom and cinnamon powder and mix well.
  • Take 1-2 tbsp of mixture at a time in hands add a raisin and roll tightly into a ball.
  • Makes 20 small or 10 medium sized ladoos

Note.
Add nuts if you like.
I used crunchy peanut butter so did not add any nuts.
Can also use almond butter to make these ladoos.

4 comments:

  1. Great idea to use the Peanut butter instead grinding the peanuts, essentially the same but lot easier! Ladoos look yum, healthy, bet your kids love it. I am posting a dessert which my son likes tomorrow. Easy and tasty, check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asha,
    Yes these have the natural fats from peanuts so no need of additional ghee. My daughter enjoyed them a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, you made a perfect vegan besan ladoos. so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meera,
    I did not realise they were vegan, Thanks.

    ReplyDelete